I have been reading The Islamic Anti-Christ by Joel Richardson. In doing so, I have discovered some interesting findings regarding what Muslims believe about Jesus. The Christian Savior is indeed found in the Koran, but He is nothing like the Jesus whom we worship. The Jesus I know and adore is not a radical Muslim, but that is exactly how he is portrayed by the followers of Mohammed.
This is radical stuff, and I wanted to share it because most Americans don't have a clue what the Muslims really believe. I thought I was rather well-informed about Islam, but all this is news to me.
I am quoting from Richardson's book on pages 58-59:
"Now let's review the various defining characteristics and actions of the Muslim Jesus upon his return to the earth:
1. Jesus is said to return to the earth in the last days near a mosque in Damascus.
2. He will arrive at a time when the Mahdi (the Islamic messiah) and his army will be preparing to pray.
3. The Mahdi will ask Jesus to lead the prayer, but Jesus will decline in direct deference to the Mahdi, whom Jesus declares to be the leader of the Muslims. He will then pray behind the Mahdi as a subordinate.
4. He will be a faithful Muslim.
5. He will make a pilgrimage to Mecca.
6. He will visit Muhammed's grave and salute Muhammed, whereby Muhammed will return the salute from the grave.
7. He will destroy Christianity.
8. He will repeal the jizyah tax, thus leaving Jews and Christians with the only options of conversion to Islam or death.
9. He will establish Islamic shariah law throughout the earth.
10. He will kill the Antichrist and his followers, made up largely of Jews and women.
11. He will remain on the earth for roughly forty years, during which time he will marry, have children, and then die."
This in interesting stuff, and I highly recommend it. Did you know that the Islamic messiah, referrred to as the Mahdi has a striking resemblance to the Antichrist found in the Bible.